In our new report – Why wait to pursue net zero? Build a sustainable business model now we researched 1,000 executives and benchmarked their sustainability efforts in five key areas.
Respondents were from UK and Ireland (25%), Belgium (13%), Italy (13%), Mexico (13%), the Netherlands (13%) and the US (25%).
They came from a broad range of industry sectors: manufacturing (35%, including 20% from food and beverage manufacturers), retail (19%), healthcare (15%), construction (10%), education (10%), hospitality (5%), property and real estate (5%) and horticulture (1%). In terms of the seniority of respondents, 70% were manager-level while the remaining 30% came from the c-suite.
Based on their responses, we divided respondents into two groups: leaders (20%), and the organisations that have yet to embrace sustainability fully, which we call followers (80%).
Their sustainability efforts were benchmarked based on 14 indicators across five key areas: